Sunday, May 18, 2014

My adventure part 1

You can call me a boring pathetic man who his life has nothing more to do than with his computer, typing away to a wasteful long multipled pages of mundane texts or engrossing upon a series of unwatched movies daily, but I see myself more than that. I see myself as an adventurous little old lad who has dreams more than anyone else. Cruising to an abyss sea, oblivious to the huge storm hidden beyond the farthest end of the ocean has always been a fantasy I never manage to realise. Though, the idea of cruising to my own danger seems so much more as a suicidal mission than a wild escapade, I find it very beckoning.

I might never have that exact same experience but I have encountered a few of similar ones. I remembered going into a woods with my classmates hitch hiking on a quite sloppy hill. I was still in my primary, if I'm not mistaken. I had doubts going in because being a spoiled little kid that I was, the idea of going in seemed less intriguing than I am now. Can anyone tell me, how on earth that a 12 year old kid could be brave enough to venture into that kind of onerous task? Okay, I might be the only one who says that it's impossible but yes, I have come so far as to reject that at that time. 

So I went in, reluctantly. I made sure that each and every one of my step would make a strong grip with the ground and if I felt like slipping just a tiny bit, I would quickly grab hold to the nearest possible inanimate object that I could see, many of which are the bushes and small trees. I was actually very tiny back then, so I think that it is possible for me to depend my life on midget objects like the bushes or those small trees. Okay, I know it's dangerous to touch those with your bare hands- you might get poisoned by the torns or caught by small insects which could inject you with deadly venoms. So I was oblivious to that kind of danger but who cares right? I am safe now.

Long after, I became used to how the soft ground worked. I just need to be extra careful on the grounds which seemed less likely to give me some safe assurance. And a tip for you guys, just follow the footprints clearly embedded on the grounds. If someone has stepped foot on those grounds, so it is safe to say that you can too. But don't rely on my tip too much, I'm less eligible to give you such an advice- And yes, I am no safety woods patrol.

But, I became too complacent with the way I trusted my instinct that I began to forsake those very reliable green bushes and walked merrily without any safety. Oh I've never been so stupid in my entire life. One of my fragile little feet was caught on those tiny almost-indiscernible crawling roots which had the same colour as the ground that I mistook it myself as being the ground itself. Man, I was stupid.

As I was about to bring forward my foot which was stuck to the root, I lost my balance that I fell down with my butt sat to the ground. As I thought that the horror was over, I could feel that my momentum of falling down wasn't about to leave me safe yet- my body began to slip and I was so sure that I was about to become that little snow ball crawling down on a steep snowhill and becoming bigger and bigger as I roll down and as I took a small piece of dirt with me every time.

Gravity was about to put a toll on me and my life. As I could feel that huge force on my body I could feel the same force but it was on the opposite side. I could feel that someone managed to grab hold on my frail scrawny hand and only god knows how relieved I am. Pfffttt- a sigh of relief. It was my friend who saved my life. I owe him my life if only I could still remember who was the one saved me. But, I can't say that I was saved yet. As I was about to stand, his grip became loose that I again lost my balance. In other words, it became this series of misfortunes that seemed endless and ongoing to me.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment